Twas the night before Christmas, somewhere there was a kid secretly opening their presents without the adults knowing. When I was a toddler, that kid opening presents early was me. The Christmas spirit filled me with so much nostalgia. At one point in my life, it was my favorite time of the year.
Seeing families with their children running home put a smile on my face. Everybody looked happy and relaxed. The Puerta Del Sol was packed with people. All eyes fixed on the neon lighted Christmas tree. I was in lost for words. This tree lived up to the hype.
The texture and patterns of the lights were so interesting. It felt like Times Square when the ball drop for new year’s. The Spanish public square was completely packed. Everywhere you turned, there was a person with a camera. Had to get out the main part of Puerta Del Sol to take a photo. It was almost impossible to get close to the tree.
Still with all these people, I was loving the moment. People were all together celebrating something positive. Not sure, why that stood out to me. Maybe because I feared someone or something would make a negative out this celebration. Luckily, everything was relaxed. You didn’t even see police with guns imposing like you do in the USA. There was no sense of intensity here. Just smilingly faces with joyful expressions.
Started walking back to my Airbnb apartment. The thought about of my family came to my mind. I wonder how they were doing. I spoke with my parents and everything was fine. What made me pounder, were my cousins. We used to be so close. Yearly, I used to celebrate Christmas with them. Around this time as kids, my brother and I used to travel to New York City to visit. Sadly as you get older, sometimes family bonds fade away. Who you considered your love ones, don’t always want to show you love back. Please, treasure the good moments with your love ones. You never know what the future has in store! Regradless of how I was feeling, loved my time in Madrid.
Hey everyone we got nominated for the sunshine award!!
I Want to say thank you to chocoviv. She is someone who is always positive! I really recommend reading her blog! Here is the link! Even when everything is not going her way, she alway looks at the bright side of things. Her blog is for people who love positivity. Truly honoured that she reads my blog post 🙂
The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules :
- Thank the blogger (s) who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger (s) asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
1) Do you celebrate Christmas? If not, do you celebrate any special day in December?
Yes, I celebrate Christmas. However, the way My family and I celebrate it is different than the main stream. It’s more about eating food than exchanging presents. Our meals are the presents.
2) What book are you reading right now?
Currently reading the 48 laws of power.
3) Netflix or YouTube?
Youtube all the way. Since most of it is free.
4) Favourite movie?
The movie Hugo. It’s crazy how it has my name as the movie’s title and I could relate it to struggle of the main character.
5) Favourite artist?
Don’t really have a favorite. For some reason Bob Marley is the first to come to mind.
6) Dream vacation location?
Antarctica! Currently planning on going there soon!
7) When did you start blogging?
About 4 years ago
8) Why did you start blogging?
My friend recommended me to start blogging. Sadly he just wanted to use me.
9) Do you like using gift bags or are you a wrap-expert?
We don’t do normal gifts. Our meals are the gifts. So i guess plastic bags.
10) Favourite childhood toy?
A teddy bear i called Pacheco. I losted it somewhere.
11) Go to friend’s house or host the party at your own place?
Probably go to a friend’s house. I hate when people are at my home. Things tend to go missing.
Alright! Time for my questions!!
1) what are your plans for next year?
2) How are you going to make sure those goals are accomplished for next year?
3) What is the favorite place you traveled to?
4) Do you like to travel alone or with friends?
5) what is the funniest travel story you experienced?
6) Does it snow this time of the year where you live?
7) When did you start blogging?
8) Do you enjoying blogging?
9) What is the best thing that has happened to you this year?
10) What made you smile the hardest this year?
11) What are your travel plans for next year?
Blogs nominated for this award:
Thank you for reading! Stay safe and much love! Happy holidays everywheres
Here are links to hotels and other deals.
For Hotels, make sure to click here. For apartments make sure to click here. For Resorts click here. For villas click here. For bed and breakfast and for Guest houses, make sure to click the links!